Safety and Security
While the education and development of your child is important, we know that nothing matters more than the safety and security of your child. From first aid training for emergency situations to ensuring a clean and healthy center, Rocking Horse Early Learning Center has a set of safety and security procedures that we strictly enforce. In additions to our policies and emergency plans, here are a few other highlights of how we keep your precious child safe each and everyday:
- Secure Buildings - All of the buildings on our campuses are secured at all time with controlled access devices. Only those persons authorized to be on our campus are allowed access. Any person picking any up any child will need to be pre-authorized to pick up that child and must present photo identification to the Center Director or Staff Member until the staff becomes familiar with that person.
- Enhanced Text Messaging - The center is equipped to send out individual or mass text messages to all parents/guardians in the event of an emergency situation.
- Highly Trained Staff - Our classrooms are staffed by dedicated teachers who possess the training, skills and passion to create a meaningful learning environment for your child. Before any person begins work at Rocking Horse's Early Learning Center or Rocking Horse's Adventureland, they go through an extensive interview process and a complete background check. Upon employment all staff must complete on the job training and mentoring with another teacher before ever being left alone to care for children.
- Secure Outside Play Areas - All of the outside play areas are enclosed with fences and are seperated by age groups. Each playground has equipment that is appropriate for the age of the children who use the playground. Each playground has both a cement area and a grassy area and all playgrounds have, umbrellas, trees or canopies to allow for shade.
- Online Daily Sheets -With Procare Family Engagemnt App , our online daily information sheets, parents have real-time access to what their child is doing during the day. They don't have to wait for the end of the day to find out what happened. They can connect to their account anytime through their smartphone or web site, whether at work, at home or away on a trip. It reduces the anxiety of being away from the child not knowing what's happening. Parents will be less stressed and more relaxed leaving their child at the day care.
- Partnership with Local Medical Facility - We have developed a preferred partnership with Primary Care of Brusly and Kristi Rabalaise, NP, located less than 2 minutes from the center, to provide preferential treatment for students of RHELC. So should a child leave school due to illness, we can arrange for a quick same day doctor's visit, regardless of your child's pediatrician. It's almost like a Pediatric Urgent Care!